The Difference Between Guest Posting and Advertising
First things first. Are you being paid to write the article you wish to submit as a guest post? Are you expecting a link to a site with the primary purpose of selling something? Is the site you wish to link riddled with affiliate promotions or an obscene amount of advertising? Do you work for an SEO firm? If you answered yes to any of these questions, You’re looking for the Advertising section of this site.
If you answered no, please, keep reading. freewheelings.com is always on the lookout for quality contributions.
Why Guest Post on freewheelings?
Guest posts offer you an opportunity to broaden your audience and expand your reach. In addition to being credited for your work you’ll have an opportunity to expand your freelance portfolio and build traffic to your own site(s).
What Are We Looking For?
Freewheelings.com centers itself around the idea of unconventionalism. The site at this moment focuses mainly on travel and your destination related posts are more than welcome. Preference will be given to those posts that break the mold. We want to see your stories about visiting places that aren’t in the guide book and are little known. We want to hear about you hitchhiking across Kenya, spending the winter in Antarctica, getting lost on the local bus system in India or living a remote village that no one has ever heard of in Peru. Did you take a container ship across the Atlantic? That’s unconventional.
We are also looking for posts on technology in a way that relates specifically to the idea of living an unconventional life. Did you build a solar powered school? Are you living off the grid with some wicked cool inventions that are making your life groovy? Did you work on some kind of alternative energy project in a remote country or are using your online activities to defy the generally accepted boundaries of society? We want to hear about it.
These are the Rules
- Content must be absolutely unique and will be passed through copyscape for verification of authenticity
- You may not reproduce guest posts in any other forum including your own blog or website
- No links or anchor text will be allowed in the body of the post
- Article length should be 400-750 words
- Photos are required with all posts at a minimum rate of one photo per 150 words
- Photo credits must be given if you are not in possession of copy writes
- You will be granted a contributor account on freewheelings.com and asked to draft your posts in final publishing format
- You will be required to fill out your bio within WordPress (50 words max) and include your gravatar
- You are solely responsible for promoting your own content – we will most likely do it as well, but if for whatever reason we can’t…
- Provide your email address and the link you would like in bio as well as your twitter account
- This is not a place to put your second rate work – show off your talents here and you’ll be rewarded
Do I Get Credit?
You will absolutely get credit for your work. Your bio and gravatar will be attached to your post in the author box as well as a link to the site of your choosing.
Subject to Approval
Everything you see on this page is subject to both change and approval by freewheelings.com. We reserve the right to make all final editing and publishing decisions.
Write for Freewheelings Regularly
If you are creating great articles and willing to own your publishing process we just might have a place for you here with our existing audience at freewheelings. Go ahead and do a guest post and let’s take it from there.